Contemporary conventional print ink (grey ink) complies with the stated limits, but we have set ourselves the objective of shifting or eliminating these limits. That is why we call our ink 'green' ink.
1. We supply a print ink made up of 82% organic raw materials. This is a huge leap forward with great benefits for the health of humans and animals. This is a necessary innovation when you consider that ' grey ' ink contains mineral oil that can cause skin and eye irritation and give off an unpleasant smell.
2. Conventional ink also contains materials like cobalt, antioxidants (hydroquinone, ketoxime or phenol-derivatives) and alkylphenol, formaldehyde-based resins and tin catalysts. Depending on quantities, these materials can be suspicious and cause disease in humans and animals. Green4Print simply does not use these raw materials and chooses biological or alternative solutions. After all, why should we use certain raw materials if we don't need them?
Our ink is the most sustainable print ink in the world and has excellent product and pressing properties.
1. To counteract the harmful effects on human health and environment, we primarily use bio-solvent and vegetable oils that help us to significantly reduce CO2 emissions. We thus reduce the effect on various environmental issues including climate change, (summer)smog and acidification. Green4Print inks are VOC-free (content of volatile organic compounds).
2. In addition, we use synthetic resins in our inks, with high natural resin content. These synthetic resins are much better (1) biodegradable, (2) better for de-inking paper, (3) better for recycling paper, and (4) do not contain toxic materials that may end up in the environment. Furthermore, we do not use any tin in alkyd resins (5). This can then not end up in the environment.
3. At Green4Print we use non-toxic dryers, a natural anti-oxidant also used in the food industry and alternative additives. This is also good for the environment.
4. EMERALD contains halogen-free pigments and helps from an ecological point of view, by preventing dioxin forming when ink or printed matter is incinerated.
5. Residual waste (empty ink containers) can be offered with the 'regular' waste instead of chemical waste. This is good for people and the environment, and the printer will also notice it in the wallet, because chemical waste disposal costs a lot of money.
1. Green4Print inks are the most sustainable print inks in the world and contain up to 82% biological raw materials, depending on the choice of ink.
2. We use bio-solvents as a replacement for mineral oil and thus increase the percentage of BRC (Bio-Renewable Content / renewable raw materials) of the ink considerably. By increasing the amount of vegetable oil, we create an even higher BRC.
3. It only becomes genuinely sustainable when pigments, resin, wax and other additives are replaced or adapted. This is where Green4Print ink clearly stands out. In 'grey' ink, synthetic resin is used, like hard resins and alkyd resins. The resins are normally based on natural resin (gum resin), phenol resin and sometimes also hydrocarbon resin (made from petroleum products). Our ink contains an increased amount of gum resin, giving it a higher percentage of BRC than conventional ink. Our alkyd resins contain a very high % of vegetable oil and the additives used are based on renewable raw materials, so they have an even higher percentage of BRC.
4. As an organisation, we operate a sustainable business strategy in the field of housing, mobility, transportation and logistics. Our premises are built with sustainable materials and our vehicles meet the highest environmental standards, etc. Our policy is always geared to corporate social responsibility.
The Dutch company Green4Print, received their second (!) Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM certificate. This time for the water-based printing products.